EAPA Vision Statement:
To be the global voice of Employee Assistance.
EAPA Ireland Mission Statement:
To promote the highest standards of practice and the continuing development of Employee Assistance Professionals, programmes, and services in Ireland.
EAPA exists to:
- Promote and secure the identity and status of EAP provision and seek statutory registration for professionals in the field
- Provide leadership in promoting and developing EAPs in Ireland
- Set national standards of practice and professional guidelines for EAPs
- Provide support and stimulation for the professional development of its members
- Professional Recognition: seek to secure statutory registration for EAPA providers
- Organisational Effectiveness: continuously improve EAPA’s organisational structure and resources to pursue its vision, achieve its mission, and fully satisfy the needs of its members
- Professional Ethics: support the highest level of ethical practice among Employee Assistance Professionals
- Professional Development: continuously improve the competencies and qualifications of Employee Assistance Professionals
- Professional Standards: foster the highest level of employee assistance programme standards
- Research and Information: provide information and sponsor research on issues affecting the development of the field and its professionals.